We have been covering how AI is changing marketing for small business owners. Last week Microsoft announced a significant step forward by combining ChaptGPT with Bing – its sleepy seldom seen search engine. Suddenly, the pundits proclaim Google dead and Microsoft the victor. As Lee Corso is fond of saying on ESPN’s College GameDay – “Not so fast.” In fact, by the weekend, I added a ChatGPT plugin for Chrome that shows ChatGPT results with Google search results, side by side, like Bing is doing.
First, how is ChatGPT changing content creation –
I asked the source itself:
As a language model trained by OpenAI, ChatGPT is revolutionizing marketing content creation and other forms of document creation by providing a powerful tool for generating high-quality text content. Here are some ways in which ChatGPT is making a difference:
- Time and cost efficiency: ChatGPT can generate high-quality text content quickly and efficiently, saving marketers and businesses valuable time and resources that would otherwise be spent on manual content creation.
- Personalization: With the ability to analyze vast amounts of data and recognize patterns, ChatGPT can create content that is tailored to a specific audience, making it more relevant and engaging.
- Improved consistency and accuracy: ChatGPT’s language generation capabilities ensure consistency and accuracy in content creation. This is particularly important in industries such as finance, where accuracy and clarity are crucial.
- Enhanced creativity: ChatGPT can provide fresh perspectives and ideas for content creation, helping businesses break out of creative ruts and generate innovative ideas.
- Multilingual support: ChatGPT supports many different languages, making it an excellent tool for creating content in a variety of markets and regions.
- Overall, ChatGPT’s language generation capabilities are revolutionizing content creation and opening up new possibilities for businesses and marketers looking to improve their content quality and efficiency.
One of the things that ChatGPT does not do is site sources, and it uses an older model of the engine than Bing is using. So I asked ChatGPT to Explain the complexities of commercial software product development to multi-National hardware sales and marketing executives. This drove me crazy when I tried to put together channel strategies for hardware vendors when I was responsible for software product development and product management in multiple positions.
Here is ChatGPT’s answer – unedited: